About the results of demonstration tests and independent verifications related to frequency control technology using storage batteries
March 22, 2021
Kansai Transmission and Distribution Co., LTD.
ENEOS Co., LTD.
Erie Power Co., LTD.
Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.
Sansha Electric Manufacturing. CO., LTD.
Sumitomo Electric Industries, LTD.
Delta Electronics Co., LTD.
Nichicon Co., LTD.
Japan Benex Co., LTD.
Fuji Electric Co., LTD.
YAMABISHI Co., LTD.
Sanyo Denki Co., LTD.
13 companies * 1 including Kansai Transmission and Distribution Co., LTD. (hereinafter referred to as Kansai Transmission and Distribution)
From December 1, 2020 to January 29, 2021, consumers’ household storage batteries, industrial storage batteries, and Electric vehicles will be used as energy resources to meet short-cycle load fluctuations in the power system. We conducted a verification test to charge and discharge immediately.
(Notified on November 30, 2020)
This demonstration test was carried out with the grant of the “Virtual Power Plant Construction Demonstration Project Cost Subsidy * 2 Utilizing Consumer-Side Energy Resources in FY2”, which is a subsidy of the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy. Using the storage battery group monitoring and control system “K-LIBRA * 3” built by Kansai Transmission and Distribution with NEC Corporation (NEC) to collectively control multiple storage batteries owned by the resource aggregator * 4. We demonstrated frequency control via a system for this purpose (hereinafter referred to as RA system) and frequency control using the Internet line, which is widely used in ordinary households.
The results of the verification test are as follows, and the expected results have been confirmed.
(1) It was confirmed that even when the storage battery is controlled from K-LIBRA via the RA system, the frequency can be controlled in seconds with the same accuracy as when it is directly controlled without going through the RA system (equivalent to last year’s demonstration). did.
(2) It was confirmed that frequency control in seconds can be performed with the same accuracy as when using a dedicated line (LTE line) (equivalent to last year’s demonstration) even when controlling using the Internet line.
(3) It was confirmed that the frequency can be controlled in seconds by modifying the existing storage battery in the general consumer’s house.
In addition, although it is not covered by the above subsidy project, with the cooperation of two companies * 5, verification was also conducted at the same time with the addition of two storage batteries, one for each, and similar results were obtained. I will.
Kansai power transmission and distribution will continue to aim to establish technology for practical application of frequency control technology using energy resources such as storage batteries and Electric vehicles, and reduce carbon by further expanding the introduction and expansion of safe and stable supply of Electric power and renewable energy. We will contribute to the realization of society.
* 1 Kansai Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Co., LTD., ENEOS Co., LTD., Erie Power Co., LTD., Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc., SANSHA ELECTRIC Mfg. Co., LTD., Sumitomo Electric Industries, LTD., Sumitomo Electric Industries, LTD. Nichicon Co., LTD., Nippon Benex Co., LTD., Fuji Electric Co., LTD., and YAMABISHI Co., LTD. 13 companies.
* 2 The Agency for Natural Resources and Energy of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry subsidizes a part of the cost of conducting a demonstration project related to the construction of a virtual power plant.
* 3 Abbreviation for Kansai transmission and distribution’s Liberty to manage the power grid Integrated Batteries and energy Resource Aggregator (s).
* 4 A business operator that directly concludes a contract with a customer, integrates and controls energy resources on the customer side and distributed energy resources, and provides energy services from a virtual power plant or demand response.
* 5 Two companies, Sanyo Denki Co., LTD. And Panasonic Corporation.